No money for a gym membership? Can’t get to the gym in time before it closes? Can’t afford a babysitter to look after the kids while you go look after yourself?
Walking may be the best answer!
There are many parks where walking paths post the mileage so you can set challenges for yourself… Some even have stationary equipment where you can do sit-ups, modified push-ups etc.
Not having money myself for long stretches of time forced me to take walks…and now I’m grateful for that, because it gives me something no gym can: FRESH AIR!
Another bonus? My grand-kids now want to come with me on walks, giving us special time together!
This is the exercise I’ve turned to after having had a heart “incident” recently, which helps me rehabilitate my body!
Even after having been accustomed to walking, after this incident I felt I was starting all over from scratch! So, rather than pushing myself, I’ve been doing it super slowly and taking in deep breaths of lovely fresh air!
I’m now feeling stronger after having had a few slow sessions that I’m slowly increasing my speed and adding some easy and slow calisthenics!
I feel my old strength slowly returning! Yay!
How do you squeeze in time for walking when your schedule is packed and overloaded?
Here a few sneaky ways I’ve discovered and implemented in my own life:
- Park further away from the door! Even a few extra steps from walking from the far side of the parking lot will add up!
- Do a few extra laps around the aisles in the grocery store!
- Go to big box stores when it’s raining or too cold to walk outside and do laps around the store! Lots of people do this!
- Bring the kids to school earlier and sneak in a bit of walking before work!
- If the bus isn’t coming for a while and you know you can walk to the next stop or two before it arrives, do it! Sometimes I’ve made it almost halfway on my trip before it came!
- When the kids are in the playground, do laps around the play area… You can keep an eye on them and sneak in a little exercise!
- Let the kids stay in the after school program a half hour extra and grab a little walking time for yourself!
I’m sure you’ll come up with a few sneaky tricks of your own once you read mine!
Please come back and share them here so many more people can benefit from your genius!
Peace and thanks,
“Always believe something good will happen” – Unknown
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Get my JUICY book now! Amazon
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Click on any image to see it on Fine Art America!
Complete list from the 2016 A to Z Challenge:
#gym membership, #exercise, #walking